The Academy of Advanced Endodontics is open to patients requiring specialist endodontic diagnosis and treatment.
There are no restrictions with regards to attending medical or dental appointments. Endodontic treatment is necessary for the relief of pain and to treat infections and whilst many cases require immediate attention some treatments can be delayed, and we will discuss this with you where appropriate.
Of paramount importance is the safety of patients and staff and we have implemented a rigorous standard operating protocol (SOP) with multiple layers of patient and staff protection.
Practice and Surgery Decontamination
· We have deep cleaned the practice and coated all surfaces with a Si-Quot anti-bacterial and anti-viral compound, providing long lasting active protection against SARS CoV-2. We have been carrying out ongoing surface treatments together with microbial sampling to ensure the highest levels of infection control.
· After each patient has been in a surgery, reception area or the scanner room, the room is fogged with antiviral hypochlorous acid.
· Ventilation - External doors and windows are kept open to encourage air change.
· Fallow Time - After each treatment appointment the surgery is disinfected, fogged and left empty for one hour to ensure that any aerosol generated during the dental procedure has completely dissipated.
· All patient referral information, triage forms and X-rays are thoroughly assessed by our clinicians before we offer an appointment. We mainly treat patients who have been referred to us by their dentists, but if you require an urgent appointment you can self-refer, and we will discuss your dental issues with you. We will try to see everyone except those patients with suspected or confirmed COVID-19, patients who have been advised to self-isolate or those experiencing viral symptoms.
· There is no waiting within the practice itself. We share a large Waiting Room in the house with other medical practices which is set up for social distancing if it is needed, However, our aim is to keep you safer outside by maintaining contact with you prior to the appointment so that you can come straight into the building and downstairs to the practice for your appointment.
· Only one patient is allowed in the reception area at a time.
Staff Testing and Vaccination
· All staff are tested twice a week using a lateral flow antigen test. All our endodontists have been vaccinated and Richard and David have been vaccinating at a local Vaccination Hub. Our nurses and reception staff will be vaccinated shortly.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
· Full PPE has to be worn by patients and staff - surgical gown, shoe covers, medical grade mask, and a hair cover for a treatment appointment.
· Reception staff additionally wear visors.
· Our endodontists and nurses wear Level 3 PPE for treatment with respirator masks.
Please contact us on 0207-224-1999 or email email@example.com if you wish to be assessed for an appointment.
Our service is available Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm. Out of these hours please leave a message on our answerphone or email firstname.lastname@example.org.